Getting into an accident is a terrifying experience. Seeing your life flash before your eyes is no picnic, especially when you’re traveling with loved ones. To negate nervousness, we have a list of the items you should ALWAYS have readily available if you get into an accident. Please, take this post seriously and drive safely!
Provided by Geico, you should ALWAYS have:
- Your insurance ID card, vehicle registration and list of emergency contacts.
- First-aid kit and medical card listing allergies to any medication, or special conditions.
- Jumper cables
- Rags or paper towels
- Trash bags
- Disposable camera (if your cell phone does not have one.)
1. The next step is moving your car to a safe location nearby, just be careful to NOT to leave the scene.
2. Contact 911 for any medical assistance, as well as the police.
3. Most of all: STAY CALM. An accident is a scary situation, by keeping your composure you will be able to waver the storm.
4. Collect the contact information of anyone who was present during the accident, including other drivers, witnesses and the tow company if your car was towed.
5. Obtain the police report information.
6. Collect: Year, make and model, license plate number, insurance carrier, and insurance policy number
7. Lastly, report the accident to your insurance provider
Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below!